If you wish to have an impressive and amazing sound system, you can check out the best 4 channel amplifiers for soothing mid and high from the head unit! However, the amp available with the car is quite normal if you wish to have high-quality sounds fitting with your voice.
An amplifier with clear and splendid sound! Who doesn’t envy that? Honestly, driving the highs from the head is something impossible! And, that’s where we have an amplifier for the rescue.
An amazing sound quality, greater bass, and an awesome effect. Yes, that’s what the amplifier offers. However, you’ll need to separately select the best 4 channel amp for mids and highs that won’t disappoint.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best 4 Channel Amp For Mids And Highs Reviews
- 1.1 #1. RockFord P400X4 Fosgate Punch 4 Channel Amp
- 1.2 Key Features
- 1.3 #2. Alpine X-A70F X-Series 4 Channel Amp For Mids and Highs
- 1.4 Key Features
- 1.5 #3. MTX Audio THUNDER75.4 Class Amplifier Car 4 Channel
- 1.6 Key Features
- 1.7 #4. Kenwood KAC-M3004 4 Channel Amplifier For Highs
- 1.8 Key Features
- 1.9 #5. Planet Audio AC1200 Best Amp For Mids and Highs
- 1.10 Key Features
- 1.11 #6. JBL Stage A6004 4-Channel Car Audio Amplifier
- 1.12 Key Features
- 1.13 #7. Lanzar VCT4110 4 Channel Amp High Power 2000 Watt
- 1.14 Key Features
- 1.15 #8. Pyle PLA4478 Car Stereo 4000 Watt 4 Channel Amp For Highs
- 1.16 Key Features
- 1.17 #9. BOSS Audio Systems 4-Channel Amplifier For Car
- 1.18 Key Features
- 1.19 #10. Tarramps 4 Channel Amp For Highs For Car
- 1.20 Key Features
- 1.21 #11. Infinity REF-704A Peak 4 Channel High Power Amp
- 1.22 Key Features
- 1.23 #12. Alpine S-A32F S Series 4-Channel Digital Amplifier
- 1.24 Key Features
- 2 Buying Guide: 4 Channel Amp For Mids And Highs
- 3 [FAQs] Frequently Asked Questions
- 3.1 What size amp do I need for my highs?
- 3.2 What is the best 4 channel amp for mids and highs?
- 3.3 What amp do I need for 4-speakers?
- 3.4 What is the best 4 channel amp for highs?
- 3.5 What frequency should I set my mids?
- 3.6 What is the best car amp for mids and highs?
- 3.7 What Class Amps are Good for Mid and High?
- 3.8 What amp do I use for highs?
- 4 Conclusion
Best 4 Channel Amp For Mids And Highs Reviews
#1. RockFord P400X4 Fosgate Punch 4 Channel Amp
This Rockford Fosgate amplifier is the best 4 channel amp for mids and highs. In the current day, the rockford p400X4 fosgate Punch is among the most refined and best versions of the A/B classic technology. Unlike all other 4 channel amplifiers, the Rockford Fosgate uses Trans-ANA circuitry for designing not only to minimize noise but also to step up the sound quality a little further.
The engineering and build quality shows that the amplifier doesn’t take up more space and is designed for efficiently handling stressful situations.
- Speaker level inputs available with input level control
- You get a 2/4 channel input source switch
- Optional adjustable Punch EQ w/ up to 18dB boost @ 50Hz or 12.5KHz
- Adjustable low-pass/high frequency levels: 50-250Hz
#2. Alpine X-A70F X-Series 4 Channel Amp For Mids and Highs
As it has been established, Alpine is a high-end brand in-car audio market and this alpine amplifier is the best budget 4 channel amp for mids and highs. Due to which it can come as no surprise that Alpine X-A70F is a great performing 4 channel amplifier in the list.
It is a great amp for the selected niches that other amps also take the title for. However, all this quality is available at a little higher cost. The amp also pushes around 120 RMS power per channel @ 4 ohms impedance which is among the highest value of amps.
- Easy settings accessibility
- Zero distortion
- The amplifier has an active crossover
- Get clear sound regardless of the volume
#3. MTX Audio THUNDER75.4 Class Amplifier Car 4 Channel
Similar to Rockford, MTX is among the well-known brands on the product list. However, again similar to the Rockford, the brand made an identity for itself through producing high-quality audio systems, often for reasonable pricing and this mtx amp is the best class amp for highs.
Firstly, the amp also pushes power with 100W RMS at 2 ohms and an impressive 75 watts RMS at ohms. Moreover, the amp also features the best soundscapes with a 15 Hz frequency range to 25 kHz – around 5 Hz lower and higher than average.
- 100 watts per channel at 2 ohms and 75 watts per channel at 4 ohms
- THD less than 0.05 percent
- 15 Hz to 25 kHz frequency range
#4. Kenwood KAC-M3004 4 Channel Amplifier For Highs
This Kenwood amplifier is the best 4 channel amp for highs. For the requirement of a motorcycle, the amp has a quite compact size with adjustable and switchable crossovers. Also, it does this with either a 2 channel or 4 channel bridged configuration while being a D class amp and it doesn’t require power.
The amp also gets benefited through using a conformal coated main PCB offering additional protection layers fighting against damp air or moisture. This doesn’t only make it a great amplifier for a motorcycle but it is also great for boat owners who wish to power cruise liners.
- Power output: 4o: Rms 50W x 4, 2o: 75W x 4
- Power of 600 watts
- Signal sensing turn-on
- Simple to wire up
- Has the smallest profile in the list
#5. Planet Audio AC1200 Best Amp For Mids and Highs
If you’re searching for the best amp for mids and highs with higher sound quality, the Planet Audio AC1200 4 must be the amplifier of choice here. The Planet audio AC1200.4 amplifier is among the most sought out amps. It works as a great 4 channel amp for mids and highs providing the speakers with a great voice.
The Planet Audio comes with the AC1200.4 amp of 4 channels having a low subwoofer control. It has a powerful PWM with a low input level and high power output. It produces max 1200 watt power.
- Low and high-level inputs
- 1200 W Max Power at 2 ohms, 4 channel 225W x 4RMS at 4 ohms 450 W x 2RMS at 4 ohm
- Fixed High Pass Crossover, Variable Bass Boost, low pass crossover,
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +1 dB
#6. JBL Stage A6004 4-Channel Car Audio Amplifier
With this car amplifier, you get the signature JBL sound at an entry-level price. This JBL Stage amplifier is the cheap 4 channel amp for mids and highs. The stage A6004 amplifier also sends 60W RMS to the front and back speakers and adds more clarity and impact to your music.
The versatile amp can be also used in a 3-channel manner for powering up speakers upfront while you send 140W power to the sub. Inputs of speaker level let the amplifier work seamlessly with almost all systems.
- Full range Class-D Ohm Stable 4-Channel Amplifier
- 560-watt power output
- Pulse Width Modulated MOSFET power supply
- Remote bass level wired control available
- 3-way protection circuitry (overload, speaker short protection, and thermal)
- Aluminum Heavy-duty heat sink alloy
- High level (speaker level) inputs
- Dual speaker terminals for simplifying multiple speaker hookups
#7. Lanzar VCT4110 4 Channel Amp High Power 2000 Watt
If you are looking for a very high-power amp, this lanzar vct4110 is the best 4 channel amp for highs and it’s slim 2000 watt amp can provide you with the best sound quality. This is a perfect one if you want a stereo entertainment system for your car. This 4 channel amp is a versatile one with high efficiency and comes with some best features.
- 2000 watt amp with 4 outputs each produces 500 watt
- This 4 channel amp is equipped with MOSFET i.e. metal oxide semiconductor field-effect transistor
- Slim and compact design to fit almost all car models
- It produces a high quality stereo audio
- Can offer high conductivity as well as minimum signal loss
#8. Pyle PLA4478 Car Stereo 4000 Watt 4 Channel Amp For Highs
This is a great 4000 watt amp 4 channel that can be a perfect addition to your car. This amp comes with thermal protection to keep your car safe from short circuits and overload. It is equipped with a MOSFET pulse to reduce the distortion providing clear sound. This 4 channel amp comes with some great features.
- 4 channels each of 1000 watt provide a great high power sound
- It offers amazing clarity with no distortion
- The MOSFET pulse ensures uninterrupted power supply with clear signal
- It comes in a very slim and compact size design
- The RCA ports are plated with silver for better longevity
#9. BOSS Audio Systems 4-Channel Amplifier For Car
Want a great full-range amplifier for your car? Then this is surely one of the best ones that you can have. With a MOSFET power supply and great sound quality, this can surely be the right choice for you. It is an 1800 watt amp that can not only run the speakers but can also run the subwoofers. It has some great features to look at.
- This 4 channel amp comes with 450 watt for each channel
- It offers full range amp that can run your speakers as well as your subwoofers
- It can adjust the amount of signal which is going from the receiver to the amplifier
- It offers variable BASS Boost and can dramatically increase the power output
#10. Tarramps 4 Channel Amp For Highs For Car
This is another sleek and compact 4 channel amp that is ideal for the car. It offers a high power of about 2000 watts. This is a lightweight product that weighs only 6 pounds. You can enjoy great sound quality because of the top-notch signal transfer. This amplifier for your car comes with some great features for sure.
- The total number of channels of this amplifier is 4 and each has 500 watt of power
- This is compact, slim and lightweight amplifier which can go quite well with the cars
- The dimension of this product is 6 inches by 6 inches by 6 inches
- Offers smooth sound quality with no distortion
#11. Infinity REF-704A Peak 4 Channel High Power Amp
This is another great option to consider if you are looking for the budget 4 channel amp for highs. This amplifier offers 1000 watts of power through 4 channels. It offers the best quality sound, undoubtedly. So, you can enjoy great sound and music with no distortion. Let us look at some of the best features of this amp.
- The signal to noise ration of this 4 channel amp is 85 dB
- The 4 channel amp offers 1000 watt of power where each channel has a power of 250 watt
- Unique design and looks really amazing
- Stylish and sleek body amplifier which is also light in weight
#12. Alpine S-A32F S Series 4-Channel Digital Amplifier
Looking for a digital amplifier? Then this is a great 4 channel digital amp with 80 watts RMS x 4 for you. This offers great sound quality with least to no distortion. If you are looking for a great amp that you can use in your car for the best quality sound, then this is one. It also comes with great features.
- It is very sleek and light in weight
- This 4 channel amp offer 160 watts RMS x 2
- It comes with low-pass as well as high-pass variable filters
- This amp also offers selectable bass boost
Buying Guide: 4 Channel Amp For Mids And Highs
Similar to a 2 channel standard amp, the 4 channel amplifiers have a section for stepping up the 12V supply of a vehicle for delivering the higher one (around negative or positive 28 volts). It is great to offer great power for driving the component speakers and mids and highs at better volume without much distortion.
The stereos use only around 12V for driving speakers which results in low power and can easily distort. Ohms law states that higher power is a result of high voltage and this is what car amps work for. The good 4 channel amp for mids and highs are also quite compact and don’t occupy more space. For working in applications, a few 4 channel amplifiers also feature 2/4 input switch channel.
With so many 4 channel amps available in the market, it can be quite tough for you to choose the right one. These are the quick factors that you need to consider while picking the right 4 channel amp for your car:
- Look at the power each channel offers
- It must be equipped with MOSFET for best quality
- Sleek, compact and lightweight design
- Look at the class in which the amplifier belong
- Check the features based on your needs
Rockford Fosgate Best Amp – Unboxing Video
[FAQs] Frequently Asked Questions
What size amp do I need for my highs?
If you are a person who likes the highs and wondering what size amp will suit your needs, then you are reading the right column.
A 4-channel amp may be the right one to give you the highs. As you might know, 4-channel amps are quite different compared to the others. A 4-channel amp has two-stage amplification and this boosts the input signal. A two-channel amp on the other hand steps up the power supply to deliver a better one. The four-channel amps are mostly bridgeable, this simply means you can use a four-channel amp to drive a single speaker.
What is the best 4 channel amp for mids and highs?
Rockford p400X4 is the best 4 channel amp for mids and highs. If all that you want is a better sound quality then a 50 Watt RMS is the minimum. This can also assure you a decent amount of power. It is also imperative to block the distortion through the high-pass crossovers. A signal-to-noise ratio is one crucial factor to notice when you buy amps for your highs.
A signal-to-noise ratio is the ratio of undesired noise to the desired input signal. The input signal, here, is the music signal. It is not unusual to notice a small “hiss” when you use tweeters-the highs. This often happens when the amp doesn’t have good sound quality. A well-designed amp will reduce this greatly.
What amp do I need for 4-speakers?
A four-channel amp is one of the right amplifiers for 4-speakers. Imagine you are going to play a conventional two-channel stereo and assuming the two speakers are identical, you may need 8-ohm speakers in parallel. This could be connected to both channels. On the other hand, if you have 4-ohm speakers then you may require 4-channel amps to solve the purpose.
It is also a known fact that most of the amplifiers pull out more power into the 4-Ohm speakers. One quick tip is to check if the RMS is continuous and if you spot the word “Peak” somewhere, then ignore the rating. It is also better for you to check for other options.
What is the best 4 channel amp for highs?
A 4 channel amp can be a perfect way to play music in the best way while you are in a car. While 2 channels are connected together for running the sub, the other 2 channels are there to drive the speaker. If you are wondering how to choose the best 4 channel amp for highs that you can set in your car or anywhere, then you buy this top-selling amp – lanzar VCT4110 4 channel amp
What frequency should I set my mids?
For your mids, you have to set your crossover point with some caution. Set it up to 10Hz lesser than the lowest frequency of your speaker. The widely recommended frequency for crossover is 80 Hz without any interruption. Now, once you set up this frequency, it’s time to play some music. Turn on the music and slowly increase the receiver volume.
Continue doing this, until you hear some distortion. When you start feeling the distortion turn the volume down until you could hear the music. Now, note the receiver volume at this point. This is called the threshold of the receiver. Though you may find all this complicated, it is not always so, you just have to understand and you will be able to do it easily.
What is the best car amp for mids and highs?
Already some top-rated car amplifier reviews in this post, so i think you have a complete idea about the best car amp for highs available in the market and how you can pick one for your needs. All you have to do is simply search browsing and make sure to check all the factors that are mentioned above. Investing on a good quality amp can help you to enjoy a great quality sound while you are in your car.
What Class Amps are Good for Mid and High?
For adequate volume and to drive speakers with higher power for punchy and dynamic sound, you’ll require more power. Due to this reason, the amplifier gets driven to limits and it has driven clipping, meaning that the audio waveform the speaker sees starts cutting off.
It is a concern of terrible distortion and it also damages speakers. So to avoid such issues and get clear mids and highs, you must have the best amps for mid and high with high power such as Class A/B amplifiers. At least 50W RMS per channel of power should be present.
What amp do I use for highs?
For the best highs with great sound quality, you will have to use a high-power 4 channel amp that offers at least 50 to 80 watts RMS for each channel. If you choose more power RMS for each channel, it is better. This will help you to get high-quality stereo sound with the least or no distortion.
For car amplifiers nowadays, you’ll probably not hear a lot of differences between different Class D amp for mids and highs. However, knowing about these differences is good so you’ll be able to make sound decisions on the amplifier that works well for your requirements.
You can consider the aforementioned amplifiers and filters according to the amplifier class. Also, there are other technologies for output stages of amplifiers, typically enhancements for Class AB design, such as Class H, Class G. All combinations of such technologies are found in amplifiers manufactured nowadays.