If you want to sync the output of the sound system with the bass of Mtx terminator subs to produce sounds of the highest quality then you must install one of the best amp in your device.
But buying the best amp for mtx terminator subs may not be easy as you can find a wide variety of MTX Terminator Amp in the market. The information provided in this article can be helpful for you because today we will review some top rated amplifier for mtx terminator subs at affordable prices.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Best Amp for MTX Terminator Subs Reviews
- 1.1 #1. Prime One-Channel Class D R500X1D Amplifier
- 1.2 Key Features
- 1.3 #2. Compact Monoblock SK-M5001D Amp For Mtx Terminator Subs
- 1.4 Key Features
- 1.5 #3. Boss Mosfet R3004 Amplifier for Mtx Terminator Subs
- 1.6 Key Features
- 1.7 #4. MTX Audio Thunder Series THUNDER1000.1 Amplifier
- 1.8 Key Features
- 1.9 #5. Planet Audio Monoblock PL1500 Best Amp For Subs
- 1.10 Key Features
- 1.11 #6. Mono Class D 2-Ohm dB11 Amplifier for Mtx Terminator Subs
- 1.12 Key Features
- 1.13 #7. MTX MUD 100.4 Outdoor Amp for Mtx Terminator Subs
- 1.14 Key Features
- 1.15 #8. Kicker 43CXA3001 MONO Class D Amp
- 1.16 Key Features
- 1.17 #9. Sound Storm EV2500M Amp for Mtx Terminator Subs
- 1.18 Key Features
- 1.19 #10. Pioneer GM-A3702 2-Channel Amplifier For Sub
- 1.20 Key Features
- 2 Buying Guide: Amp For MTX Terminator Subs
- 3 [FAQs] Frequently Asked Questions
- 3.1 Are MTX Terminator subs any good?
- 3.2 How many watts is the MTX terminator amp?
- 3.3 How do you hook up a MTX amp?
- 3.4 What is better Kicker or MTX?
- 3.5 Are MTX speaker good?
- 3.6 How many watts is a MTX Terminator TNA251?
- 3.7 How many Watts can MTX terminators handle?
- 3.8 Should my amp be more powerful than my subwoofer?
- 3.9 What class amp is best for subs?
- 3.10 How many watts are MTX 12s?
- 4 Conclusion
A Quick Look at our Favorite Picks:
Rockford Fosgate Amp
4 Gauge power/ground connectors
Skar Audio Amplifier
15Hz – 270Hz frequency response
BOSS Amp For Sub
High and Low Level Inputs
Planet Audio Amp
Bass Boost and Subwoofer Level Control
MTX Amp For Subwoofers
Weatherproof coating on it makes it durable
The Best Amp for MTX Terminator Subs Reviews
#1. Prime One-Channel Class D R500X1D Amplifier
This Rockford Fosgate amplifier is one of the best amp for mtx terminator subs and its rocking sound returns you the value of your money. This reasonable costing amplifier ensures to provide you the good sound quality by providing enough power to your MTX terminator subs.
It can drive your subs effectively with 500 watts at 2 ohms. It has a cast aluminum body to absorb heat with a control panel carefully mounted on its top. It is protected from the damages caused by over-current and short circuits.
- 4 Gauge power/ground connectors
- Cast aluminum heatsink
- Over current protection
- MOSFET power supply
- Muted turn on
- Short circuit protection
#2. Compact Monoblock SK-M5001D Amp For Mtx Terminator Subs
The Skar Audio full range 4 channel amp is one of the good series of mini-amplifiers. Though it is a compact amplifier still it provides you the reliability and power you can expect from a large amplifier. It includes an efficient design of Class D and a high-speed power supply system of MOSFET which make it an extremely versatile, powerful, and reliable amplifier for MTX terminator subs.
- Extremely compact monoblock MOSFET Class D amplifier
- For 1 channel requires 500 watt at 1 Ohm
- 15Hz – 270Hz frequency response
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 85dB
- Hi-Level Input Connection
- 8 Gauge terminals for power and ground input
#3. Boss Mosfet R3004 Amplifier for Mtx Terminator Subs
BOSS Amplifier is the best budget amplifier for MTX terminator subs. Its maximum power output for one channel is 1100 watts at 2 ohms. It is full of features like variable low pass-crossover, a bass boost, and the right high/low level of input even if its price is low. It can control your subs remotely if used carefully. The quality of sound produced by it is acceptable as per its price.
- Bridgeable and 2 Ohm Stable
- MOSFET and Class A/B
- Subwoofer Level Control and Bass Boost
- Variable Low Pass Filter and Fixed High Pass Filter
- Short Circuit Protection
- High and Low Level Inputs
- Variable Input Control
- Online Dealer Warranty for 6 years
- Illuminated BOSS Logo
#4. MTX Audio Thunder Series THUNDER1000.1 Amplifier
MTX Audio amp is one of the best amplifiers for the terminator subs of MTX as they work together efficiently because both of them are made by the same brand. The 500 watts RMS power rating of this monoblock amplifier is enough for running terminator subs of this brand. All of its parts are vibration resistant and can work for a long time because of the surface-mount design of its circuit board. You can use its bass boost, subsonic filters, and low pass filter to improve the quality of sound.
- Variable LPF
- Class D Topology
- Surface Mount PCB
- Small Foot Print Design
- Selectable Bass Boost
#5. Planet Audio Monoblock PL1500 Best Amp For Subs
Planet Audio amplifier is another reasonably priced best amp for subs that has enough power. For one channel it offers 1500 watts monoblock power at 2 ohms. In this way, it provides enough amount of power through the quality of its sound is also acceptable. It can allow you to play your MTX subs for a long time without overheating it. Moreover, you can replace any of its parts if it breaks or stops working.
- MOSFET and Class A/B
- Switchable Bass Boost and Subwoofer Level Control
- 2 Ohm Stable and High and Low Level Inputs
- Short Protection
- Variable Low Pass Filter
- Variable Input Control
- LED Illuminated Logo and End Panels
- Switchable Input Sensitivity
#6. Mono Class D 2-Ohm dB11 Amplifier for Mtx Terminator Subs
This Rockville Amplifier allows you to choose from different ratings of power while using MTX terminator subs. It provides a high output of power to run your MTX subs effectively. The quality of sound produced by this amplifier is also high. It provides you enough raw power to produce a well-balanced sound from your terminator subs at a very reasonable price. It is protected from the damages caused by short circuits and overheating.
- 400w/350w RMS Mono Class D 2-Ohm Amplifier
- RMS Power Rating at 2 Ohm: 700 Watts or at 4 Ohm: 440 Watts for 1 Channel
- Peak Power Rating at 2 Ohm: 1400 Watts or at 4 Ohm: 880 Watts for 1 Channel
- High-Speed MOSFET Power Supply
- Fully Adjustable 12dB Bass Equalizer
- Voltage Protection from 10V to 16V
#7. MTX MUD 100.4 Outdoor Amp for Mtx Terminator Subs
MTX Audio Thunder amp is one of the finest outdoor sound systems from MTX. This is compact and weatherproof and of 400 watts. The system is so nice and compact that you can fit it in the smallest of places. The weatherproof design keeps it safe from corrosion and any circuit deterioration. Even when exposed to moist or salty conditions, the design is safe to resist. The input systems of this system are well built and this allows connections of RCA input signals and speakers.
- The important feature of this product is the compact nature that can enable it to be fixed even to tougher and delicate vehicles.
- The weatherproof coating on it makes it durable.
- The ability for a wide range to allow the high and low pass crossovers.
- It also has a convenient pigtail connection to connect to the ground, signal, etc.
#8. Kicker 43CXA3001 MONO Class D Amp
Kicker amplifier weighing at 4.47 pounds & this is amazing class d amp . The power range of this product is an RMS of 150 Watts which is at 4 Ohms. A 300 Watt RMS at 2 Ohms. It has a total power output of 600 Watts. It also has Preamp RCA outputs. You can buy a quality gauge wire and ground it to this amp. It comes with the finest quality exterior and it’s popular among its buyers.
- 150 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms
- 300 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
- Total Peak Power: 600 Watts
- High and Low Level Inputs
- Preamp RCA outputs to daisy chain multiple amps
#9. Sound Storm EV2500M Amp for Mtx Terminator Subs
The Sound Storm amp has taken the hearts of Storm with its loud features. It has a 2500-Watt maximum power at 2 Ohm and has 1 channel. A 1250-Watt maximum power at 4 Ohms and 1 channel. It also supports RCA low level and high-level inputs and this also allows and low- and high-level Crossover. It has a variable bass set up and a voltage Input gain. It also comes with a bumper prize of a six-year warranty. This is something unusual for gadgets.
- 2500 W MAX Power @ 2 Ohm x 1 Channel
- 1250 W MAX Power @ 4 Ohm x 1 Channel
- RCA Low Level Inputs, Variable Low Pass Crossover
- Variable Bass Boost, Input Sensitivity Selector
- Dimensions: Depth 15.5” x Width 10” x Height 2.4”
#10. Pioneer GM-A3702 2-Channel Amplifier For Sub
Pioneer Amplifier with 500 Watts maximum power and a sleek exterior, this amplifier is a go-to if you are looking for a pocket-friendly device. It has automatic sensing for signals and a Turn-On. It also boasts a Hi-volt input level control. It also has a balanced input circuit that is isolated. This amplifier is budget-friendly and is worth the money for the features it offers. You can buy this online mode and is easily available along with a warranty.
- 500 Watts Max Power
- Automatic signal sensing and Turn-On
- Hi-Volt input level control
- Balanced isolator input circuit
- Short Circuit Protection
Buying Guide: Amp For MTX Terminator Subs
If you are planning to buy an amplifier for your Terminator Subs, you should get something with at least 300 watts per channel. If the amp has more power than that, it will be able to handle future upgrades to your system. You should also make sure that the amp is of a good quality, so that you don’t have to replace it anytime soon. And finally, make sure that the amp is compatible with your subwoofer.
While buying an amplifier for MTX terminator subs you will have to keep a few things in your mind like:
Power: The bass of a sub will be louder, deeper, and cleaner if it gets enough power. So, you should go for an amplifier with high power output if you like sound with higher bass otherwise a low power amp can be the right choice for you.
Range of frequency: Your subwoofer will play well on the highs and lows of the bass if the range of its frequency is high. So the amp you choose must be able to produce a higher range of frequency.
Sensitivity: Your amp will produce high-quality sound even with low power if its sensitivity rating is high.
[FAQs] Frequently Asked Questions
Are MTX Terminator subs any good?
MTX is one of the top brands producing the best subwoofers to produce high-quality sound in your car since last over 40 years. They are still leading the industry of car audio products by improving their technology consistently. MTX terminator subwoofers in the car can improve your listening experience by using a proper amplifier with them.
How many watts is the MTX terminator amp?
If you’re looking for an audio experience that can pound your chest, then the MTX terminator is the right one. The audio system with its sleek looks and sealed enclosures captures everyone’s heart. If you want to know how many watts is the MTX terminator amp then here comes the answer.
It comes with a peak power capacity of 1200 Watts, 2 Ohm Amp, and 12″ subwoofers. The recommended Amp power for this device is 200-400. It has a frequency response of 37-150Hz.
How do you hook up a MTX amp?
To use a MTX amplifier, you will need an electrical outlet. You also need to connect it to your home’s electrical wiring system. If you have a subwoofer, you will also need to connect the sub’s wire to the amp.
The amp has built-in volume controls on both sides of the box. Use these to adjust the volume level of the output signal.
When using a MTX amp, you may want to install additional speakers around the room to create stereo effects. For example, if you place one MTX amp near the front wall and another near the back wall, you can hear sounds coming from different directions.
What is better Kicker or MTX?
While the competition is stiff and ripe between Kicker and MTX, it is Kicker that gets the medal. The Kicker is much better in choice for its build quality. The Kicker is expensive and may end up leaving a big hole in your pocket.
However, the quality is what keeps it going. The unmatched quality will leave you with no regrets. The quality compromise by MTX compared to its yesteryears has made it less popular.
Are MTX speaker good?
For those who ask are MTX speakers are good, sit straight and read further: MTX has been making speakers since the 90s and is known for its quality. The speakers are loud and good as factory speakers. It may be quieter when turned up to full volume but it’s a lot clearer. The pretty big magnet on them makes it fit for all cars.
How many watts is a MTX Terminator TNA251?
MTX Terminators are the most powerful wireless speakers ever created. They produce sound pressure levels of over 100dB at a distance of 2 meters from the speaker. The question is, how much power does each unit require?
MTX Terminators are designed to fill large spaces with high quality audio. Each speaker uses two 50 watt amplifiers, which together deliver 150 watts of power. This means that they can play music or other audio sources for hours without needing to recharge.
MTX Terminators come in three sizes: the TNA251 (1 meter), TNA252 (2 meters), and TNA253 (3 meters). These models differ only in their size, so the wattage required to run them should be the same.
How many Watts can MTX terminators handle?
The MTX terminators can handle a good 1200 Watt. The nominal output power of the speaker is 400 Watts. The audio Wattage of the speakers stands at 1200 Watt. The audio quality is fine and this makes it one of the affordable and valuable speakers. MTX terminators can handle maximum power by a speaker.
Should my amp be more powerful than my subwoofer?
When it comes to power, you want to make sure that your amp is more powerful than your subwoofer. This will ensure that your subwoofer gets the power it needs to create the low frequencies you desire, while also preventing your amp from becoming overloaded. You can use this general guideline to help you choose the right amplifier for your subwoofer:
- If your subwoofer is rated at 100 watts or less, choose an amplifier that is rated at 200 watts or more.
- If your subwoofer is rated at between 101 and 200 watts, choose an amplifier that is rated at 400 watts or more.
- If your subwoofer is rated at 201 watts or more, choose an amplifier that is rated at 800 watts or more.
What class amp is best for subs?
The class of your amplifier is another important consideration. If you are using multiple subwoofers, it is best to have separate amps for each subwoofer. For example, if you have two subs, one that is 100 watts and the other that is 200 watts, it would be best to get an amp with at least 400 watts or more of power, so that the amp can supply all of the power that each subwoofer needs.
How many watts are MTX 12s?
If you were to hypothetically add two MTX 12s (which produce 900 watts real watts of power) on top of an 8-ohm load on a 1200 watt amplifier, the current draw would be 1.7 amperes. This is not technically complete information because we need to know if this is on one channel or split between channels, so please consult your amplifier’s owner’s manual.
Amplifiers are typically conservative in their ratings, so it is likely that the amp could handle this load without any problems. However, always consult your amplifier’s owner’s manual to be sure.
We have compiled a list of amps and reviews so that you can find out which one is right for your budget and needs! The only way to really get an idea of how these models compare with each other is by reading our reviews! We hope this article has helped you find the best amp for MTX terminator subs.