If you want to sync the output of the sound system with the bass of Mtx terminator subs to produce sounds of the highest quality then you must install one of the best amp in your device.
But buying the best amp for mtx terminator subs may not be easy as you can find a wide variety of MTX Terminator Amp in the market. The information provided in this article can be helpful for you because today we will review some best amp for subs at affordable prices.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Amp for MTX Terminator Subs Reviews & Full Details
- 1.1 #1. Prime One-Channel Class D R500X1D Amplifier
- 1.2 Key Features
- 1.3 #2. Compact Monoblock SK-M5001D Amp For Mtx Terminator Subs
- 1.4 Key Features
- 1.5 #3. Boss Mosfet R3004 Amplifier for Mtx Terminator Subs
- 1.6 Key Features
- 1.7 #4. MTX Audio Thunder Series THUNDER1000.1 Amplifier
- 1.8 Key Features
- 1.9 #5. Monoblock PL1500 Best Amp For Subs
- 1.10 Key Features
- 1.11 #6. Mono Class D 2-Ohm dB11 Amplifier for Mtx Terminator Subs
- 1.12 Key Features
- 1.13 #7. MTX MUD 100.4 Outdoor Amp for Mtx Terminator Subs
- 1.14 Key Features
- 1.15 #8. Kicker 43CXA3001 MONO Class D Amp
- 1.16 Key Features
- 1.17 #9. Sound Storm EV2500M Amp for Mtx Terminator Subs
- 1.18 Key Features
- 1.19 #10. Pioneer GM-A3702 2-Channel Amplifier
- 1.20 Key Features
- 2 Buying Guide: Amp for MTX Terminator Subs
- 3 [FAQs] Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
Best Amp for MTX Terminator Subs Reviews & Full Details
#1. Prime One-Channel Class D R500X1D Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate Amplifiers: It is one of the best terminator subs from MTX as its rocking sound returns you the value of your money. This reasonable costing amplifier ensures to provide you the best sound quality by providing enough power to your MTX terminator subs.
It can drive your subs effectively with 500 watts at 2 ohms. It has a cast aluminum body to absorb heat with a control panel carefully mounted on its top. It is protected from the damages caused by over-current and short circuits.
- 4 Gauge power/ground connectors
- Cast aluminum heatsink
- Over current protection
- MOSFET power supply
- Muted turn on
- Short circuit protection
#2. Compact Monoblock SK-M5001D Amp For Mtx Terminator Subs
Skar Audio Amplifier: This full range 4 channel amp is one of the good series of mini-amplifiers produced by Skar Audio. Though it is a compact amplifier still it provides you the reliability and power you can expect from a large amplifier.
It includes an efficient design of Class D and a high-speed power supply system of MOSFET which make it an extremely versatile, powerful, and reliable amplifier for MTX terminator subs.
- Extremely compact monoblock MOSFET Class D amplifier
- For 1 channel requires 500 watt at 1 Ohm
- 15Hz – 270Hz frequency response
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 85dB
- Hi-Level Input Connection
- 8 Gauge terminals for power and ground input
#3. Boss Mosfet R3004 Amplifier for Mtx Terminator Subs
BOSS Amplifier: It is the best amplifier for MTX terminator subs for people with a limited budget. Its maximum power output for one channel is 1100 watts at 2 ohms. It is full of features like variable low pass-crossover, a bass boost, and the right high/low level of input even if its price is low.
It can control your subs remotely if used carefully. The quality of sound produced by it is acceptable as per its price.
- Bridgeable and 2 Ohm Stable
- MOSFET and Class A/B
- Subwoofer Level Control and Bass Boost
- Variable Low Pass Filter and Fixed High Pass Filter
- Short Circuit Protection
- High and Low Level Inputs
- Variable Input Control
- Online Dealer Warranty for 6 years
- Illuminated BOSS Logo
#4. MTX Audio Thunder Series THUNDER1000.1 Amplifier
MTX Amplifier: MTX Audio amp is one of the best amplifiers for the terminator subs of MTX as they work together efficiently because both of them are made by the same brand. The 500 watts RMS power rating of this monoblock amplifier is enough for running terminator subs of this brand.
All of its parts are vibration resistant and can work for a long time because of the surface-mount design of its circuit board. You can use its bass boost, subsonic filters, and low pass filter to improve the quality of sound.
- Variable LPF
- Class D Topology
- Surface Mount PCB
- Small Foot Print Design
- Selectable Bass Boost
#5. Monoblock PL1500 Best Amp For Subs
Planet Audio Amplifier: It is another reasonably priced best amp for subs that has enough power. For one channel it offers 1500 watts monoblock power at 2 ohms. In this way, it provides enough amount of power through the quality of its sound is also acceptable.
It can allow you to play your MTX subs for a long time without overheating it. Moreover, you can replace any of its parts if it breaks or stops working.
- MOSFET and Class A/B
- Switchable Bass Boost and Subwoofer Level Control
- 2 Ohm Stable and High and Low Level Inputs
- Short Protection
- Variable Low Pass Filter
- Variable Input Control
- LED Illuminated Logo and End Panels
- Switchable Input Sensitivity
#6. Mono Class D 2-Ohm dB11 Amplifier for Mtx Terminator Subs
Rockville Amplifier: This amplifier allows you to choose from different ratings of power while using MTX terminator subs. It provides a high output of power to run your MTX subs effectively. The quality of sound produced by this amplifier is also high.
It provides you enough raw power to produce a well-balanced sound from your terminator subs at a very reasonable price. It is protected from the damages caused by short circuits and overheating.
- 400w/350w RMS Mono Class D 2-Ohm Amplifier
- RMS Power Rating at 2 Ohm: 700 Watts or at 4 Ohm: 440 Watts for 1 Channel
- Peak Power Rating at 2 Ohm: 1400 Watts or at 4 Ohm: 880 Watts for 1 Channel
- High-Speed MOSFET Power Supply
- Fully Adjustable 12dB Bass Equalizer
- Voltage Protection from 10V to 16V
#7. MTX MUD 100.4 Outdoor Amp for Mtx Terminator Subs
MTX Audio Amplifier: This is one of the finest outdoor sound systems from MTX. This is compact and weatherproof and of 400 watts. The system is so nice and compact that you can fit it in the smallest of places. The weatherproof design keeps it safe from corrosion and any circuit deterioration.
Even when exposed to moist or salty conditions, the design is safe to resist. The input systems of this system are well built and this allows connections of RCA input signals and speakers.
- The important feature of this product is the compact nature that can enable it to be fixed even to tougher and delicate vehicles.
- The weatherproof coating on it makes it durable.
- The ability for a wide range to allow the high and low pass crossovers.
- It also has a convenient pigtail connection to connect to the ground, signal, etc.
#8. Kicker 43CXA3001 MONO Class D Amp
Kicker Amplifier: Weighing at 4.47 pounds this product is amazing. The power range of this product is an RMS of 150 Watts which is at 4 Ohms. A 300 Watt RMS at 2 Ohms.
It has a total power output of 600 Watts. It also has Preamp RCA outputs. You can buy a quality gauge wire and ground it to this amp. It comes with the finest quality exterior and it’s popular among its buyers.
- 150 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms
- 300 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
- Total Peak Power: 600 Watts
- High and Low Level Inputs
- Preamp RCA outputs to daisy chain multiple amps
#9. Sound Storm EV2500M Amp for Mtx Terminator Subs
Sound Storm Amplifier: The Sound Storm product has taken the hearts of Storm with its loud features. It has a 2500-Watt maximum power at 2 Ohm and has 1 channel. A 1250-Watt maximum power at 4 Ohms and 1 channel.
It also supports RCA low level and high-level inputs and this also allows and low- and high-level Crossover. It has a variable bass set up and a voltage Input gain. It also comes with a bumper prize of a six-year warranty. This is something unusual for gadgets.
- 2500 W MAX Power @ 2 Ohm x 1 Channel
- 1250 W MAX Power @ 4 Ohm x 1 Channel
- RCA Low Level Inputs, Variable Low Pass Crossover
- Variable Bass Boost, Input Sensitivity Selector
- Dimensions: Depth 15.5” x Width 10” x Height 2.4”
#10. Pioneer GM-A3702 2-Channel Amplifier
Pioneer Amplifier: With 500 Watts maximum power and a sleek exterior, this amplifier is a go-to if you are looking for a pocket-friendly device. It has automatic sensing for signals and a Turn-On. It also boasts a Hi-volt input level control.
It also has a balanced input circuit that is isolated. This amplifier is budget-friendly and is worth the money for the features it offers. You can buy this online mode and is easily available along with a warranty.
- 500 Watts Max Power
- Automatic signal sensing and Turn-On
- Hi-Volt input level control
- Balanced isolator input circuit
- Short Circuit Protection
Buying Guide: Amp for MTX Terminator Subs
(3 Main Things)
While buying an amplifier for MTX terminator subs you will have to keep a few things in your mind like:
Power: The bass of a sub will be louder, deeper, and cleaner if it gets enough power. So, you should go for an amplifier with high power output if you like sound with higher bass otherwise a low power amp can be the right choice for you.
Range of frequency: Your subwoofer will play well on the highs and lows of the bass if the range of its frequency is high. So the amp you choose must be able to produce a higher range of frequency.
Sensitivity: Your amp will produce high-quality sound even with low power if its sensitivity rating is high.
[FAQs] Frequently Asked Questions
Are MTX Terminator subs any good?
MTX is one of the top brands producing the best subwoofers to produce high-quality sound in your car since last over 40 years. They are still leading the industry of car audio products by improving their technology consistently. MTX terminator subwoofers in the car can improve your listening experience by using a proper amplifier with them.
How many watts is the MTX terminator amp
If you’re looking for an audio experience that can pound your chest, then the MTX terminator is the right one. The audio system with its sleek looks and sealed enclosures captures everyone’s heart. If you want to know how many watts is the MTX terminator amp then here comes the answer.
It comes with a peak power capacity of 1200 Watts, 2 Ohm Amp, and 12″ subwoofers. The recommended Amp power for this device is 200-400. It has a frequency response of 37-150Hz.
What is better Kicker or MTX?
While the competition is stiff and ripe between Kicker and MTX, it is Kicker that gets the medal. The Kicker is much better in choice for its build quality. The Kicker is expensive and may end up leaving a big hole in your pocket.
However, the quality is what keeps it going. The unmatched quality will leave you with no regrets. The quality compromise by MTX compared to its yesteryears has made it less popular.
Are MTX speaker good?
For those who ask are MTX speakers are good, sit straight and read further: MTX has been making speakers since the 90s and is known for its quality. The speakers are loud and good as factory speakers. It may be quieter when turned up to full volume but it’s a lot clearer. The pretty big magnet on them makes it fit for all cars.
What is the Best Amp For Subs?
Monoblock PL1500 is the best amp for subs with 1500 Watts Max Power & MOSFET power supply, this Amplifier gets your music in gear.
How many Watts can MTX terminators handle?
The MTX terminators can handle a good 1200 Watt. The nominal output power of the speaker is 400 Watts. The audio Wattage of the speakers stands at 1200 Watt. The audio quality is fine and this makes it one of the affordable and valuable speakers. MTX terminators can handle maximum power by a speaker.
After going through the information, reviews some of the best amp for MTX terminator subs and things to consider while buying an amplifier provided in this discussion can help you in buying the really best one.