MTX Terminator subwoofers are designed to deliver powerful, deep bass, and pairing them with a suitable amplifier can enhance your audio experience. To ensure the highest quality sound reproduction and synchronization with your audio system, it is important to install a reputable amplifier.
When searching for the ideal amplifier for your MTX Terminator subs, consider factors such as your specific requirements and budget. Fortunately, there are several affordable options available in the market that can deliver excellent performance.
In this review, we will explore 10 remarkable amplifiers that are compatible with MTX Terminator subs, making it easier for you to make a well-informed choice.
Best Amp for Mtx Terminator Subs Reviews
#1. Rockford Fosgate Prime Class D R500X1D Amp
Rockford Fosgate R500X1D is one of the powerful amp for mtx terminator subs and its rocking sound returns you the value of your money. This reasonable costing amplifier ensures to provide you the good sound quality by providing enough power to your MTX terminator subs.
It can drive your subs effectively with 500 watts at 2 ohms. It has a cast aluminum body to absorb heat with a control panel carefully mounted on its top. It is protected from the damages caused by over-current and short circuits.
- 4 Gauge power/ground connectors
- Cast aluminum heatsink
- Over current protection
- MOSFET power supply
- Muted turn on
- Short circuit protection
#2. Compact Monoblock SK-M5001D Amp
The Skar Audio full range 4 channel amp is one of the good series of mini-amplifiers. Though it is a compact amplifier still it provides you the reliability and power you can expect from a large amplifier. It includes an efficient design of Class D and a high-speed power supply system of MOSFET which make it an extremely versatile, powerful, and reliable amplifier for MTX terminator subs.
- Extremely compact monoblock MOSFET Class D amplifier
- For 1 channel requires 500 watt at 1 Ohm
- 15Hz – 270Hz frequency response
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 85dB
- Hi-Level Input Connection
- 8 Gauge terminals for power and ground input
#3. Boss Mosfet R3004 Amplifier for Subwoofer
The BOSS Amplifier is the most cost-effective amplifier. Its maximum power output for one channel is 1200 watts at 2 ohms. It is full of features like variable low pass-crossover, a bass boost, and the right high/low level of input even if its price is low. It can control your subs remotely if used carefully. The quality of sound produced by it is acceptable as per its price.
- Bridgeable and 2 Ohm Stable
- MOSFET and Class A/B
- Subwoofer Level Control and Bass Boost
- Variable Low Pass Filter and Fixed High Pass Filter
- Short Circuit Protection
- High and Low Level Inputs
- Variable Input Control
- Online Dealer Warranty for 6 years
- Illuminated BOSS Logo
#4. MTX Audio THUNDER1000.1 Am for Mtx Terminator Subs
MTX Audio amp is a top-performing amplifier for the Terminator subs of MTX as they work together efficiently because both of them are made by the same brand. The 500 watts RMS power rating of this monoblock amplifier is enough for running terminator subs of this brand. All of its parts are vibration resistant and can work for a long time because of the surface-mount design of its circuit board. You can use its bass boost, subsonic filters, and low pass filter to improve the quality of sound.
- Variable LPF
- Class D Topology
- Surface Mount PCB
- Small Foot Print Design
- Selectable Bass Boost
#5. Planet Audio Monoblock PL1500 Amp For Subs
Planet Audio amplifier is another reasonably priced awesome amp for subs that has enough power. For one channel it offers 1500 watts monoblock power at 2 ohms. In this way, it provides enough amount of power through the quality of its sound is also acceptable. It can allow you to play your MTX subs for a long time without overheating it. Moreover, you can replace any of its parts if it breaks or stops working.
- MOSFET and Class A/B
- Switchable Bass Boost and Subwoofer Level Control
- 2 Ohm Stable and High and Low Level Inputs
- Short Protection
- Variable Low Pass Filter
- Variable Input Control
- LED Illuminated Logo and End Panels
- Switchable Input Sensitivity
#6. Mono Class D 2-Ohm dB11 Amplifier
This Rockville Amplifier allows you to choose from different ratings of power while using MTX terminator subs. It provides a high output of power to run your MTX subs effectively. The quality of sound produced by this amplifier is also high. It provides you enough raw power to produce a well-balanced sound from your terminator subs at a very reasonable price. It is protected from the damages caused by short circuits and overheating.
- 400w/350w RMS Mono Class D 2-Ohm Amplifier
- RMS Power Rating at 2 Ohm: 700 Watts or at 4 Ohm: 440 Watts for 1 Channel
- Peak Power Rating at 2 Ohm: 1400 Watts or at 4 Ohm: 880 Watts for 1 Channel
- High-Speed MOSFET Power Supply
- Fully Adjustable 12dB Bass Equalizer
- Voltage Protection from 10V to 16V
#7. MTX MUD 100.4 Outdoor Amp for Mtx Terminator Subs
MTX Audio Thunder amp is one of the finest outdoor sound systems from MTX. This is compact and weatherproof and of 400 watts. The system is so nice and compact that you can fit it in the smallest of places. The weatherproof design keeps it safe from corrosion and any circuit deterioration. Even when exposed to moist or salty conditions, the design is safe to resist. The input systems of this system are well built and this allows connections of RCA input signals and speakers.
- The important feature of this product is the compact nature that can enable it to be fixed even to tougher and delicate vehicles.
- The weatherproof coating on it makes it durable.
- The ability for a wide range to allow the high and low pass crossovers.
- It also has a convenient pigtail connection to connect to the ground, signal, etc.
#8. Kicker 43CXA3001 MONO Class D Amp
Kicker amplifier weighing at 4.47 pounds & this is amazing class d amp . The power range of this product is an RMS of 150 Watts which is at 4 Ohms. A 300 Watt RMS at 2 Ohms. It has a total power output of 600 Watts. It also has Preamp RCA outputs. You can buy a quality gauge wire and ground it to this amp. It comes with the finest quality exterior and it’s popular among its buyers.
- 150 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms
- 300 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
- Total Peak Power: 600 Watts
- High and Low Level Inputs
- Preamp RCA outputs to daisy chain multiple amps
#9. Sound Storm EV2500M Amp 1250 Watt
The Sound Storm amp has taken the hearts of Storm with its loud features. It has a 2500-Watt maximum power at 2 Ohm and has 1 channel. A 1250-Watt maximum power at 4 Ohms and 1 channel. It also supports RCA low level and high-level inputs and this also allows and low- and high-level Crossover. It has a variable bass set up and a voltage Input gain. It also comes with a bumper prize of a six-year warranty. This is something unusual for gadgets.
- 2500 W MAX Power @ 2 Ohm x 1 Channel
- 1250 W MAX Power @ 4 Ohm x 1 Channel
- RCA Low Level Inputs, Variable Low Pass Crossover
- Variable Bass Boost, Input Sensitivity Selector
- Dimensions: Depth 15.5” x Width 10” x Height 2.4”
#10. Pioneer GM-A3702 2-Channel Amplifier For Sub
Pioneer Amplifier with 500 Watts maximum power and a sleek exterior, this amplifier is a go-to if you are looking for a pocket-friendly device. It has automatic sensing for signals and a Turn-On. It also boasts a Hi-volt input level control. It also has a balanced input circuit that is isolated. This amplifier is budget-friendly and is worth the money for the features it offers. You can buy this online mode and is easily available along with a warranty.
- 500 Watts Max Power
- Automatic signal sensing and Turn-On
- Hi-Volt input level control
- Balanced isolator input circuit
- Short Circuit Protection
Buying Guide: Amp For MTX Terminator Subs
If you’re looking for quality amplifier for your MTX Terminator subs, here are some key factors to consider:
- Power output: One of the most important factors to consider when selecting an amplifier for your MTX Terminator subs is power output. You want an amp that can deliver enough power to properly drive your subs without risking damage. Look for an amp with a power rating that is compatible with your sub’s RMS power handling capabilities.
- Impedance: The impedance of your subwoofer and amplifier must match. Make sure to check the impedance of your MTX Terminator subs and choose an amplifier that can handle the same impedance.
- Class: Amplifiers come in different classes, such as Class A, Class AB, and Class D. Class D amplifiers are more efficient and produce less heat than other classes, making them a popular choice for subwoofers. However, Class AB amplifiers are known for their sound quality and can offer a warmer, more natural sound.
- Number of channels: The number of channels you need depends on how many subs you have and how you plan to wire them. If you have a single MTX Terminator sub, you’ll only need a mono (1-channel) amplifier. If you have two or more subs, you’ll need a multi-channel amplifier.
- Brand reputation and reliability: When buying an amplifier, it’s important to consider the reputation and reliability of the brand. Look for a brand with a good track record of producing high-quality, reliable amplifiers.
What kind of amplifier do I need for my MTX Terminator subs?
To find the right amplifier for your MTX Terminator subs, consider the power requirements and impedance of the subs. Look for an amplifier that matches the RMS power rating and impedance specifications of your subs for optimal performance.
Can I use any amplifier with MTX Terminator subs?
While you have some flexibility in choosing an amplifier, it is essential to select one that can provide sufficient power and handle the impedance of your MTX Terminator subs. Using an amplifier that doesn’t meet these specifications may result in poor performance or potential damage to the subs or the amplifier.
How do I determine the power requirements of my MTX Terminator subs?
Refer to the specifications or user manual of your MTX Terminator subs to find the recommended RMS power range. Choose an amplifier that can deliver power within this range to ensure optimal performance and prevent underpowering or overpowering the subs.
What is impedance, and why is it important when choosing an amplifier?
Impedance measures the electrical resistance of the subwoofers and is usually expressed in ohms. It is crucial to match the impedance of the subs with the amplifier. If your MTX Terminator subs have a nominal impedance of 4 ohms, select an amplifier capable of handling a 4-ohm load. This compatibility ensures proper power delivery and prevents potential damage to the equipment.
Are there specific brands known to work well with MTX Terminator subs?
MTX amplifiers are designed to complement MTX Terminator subs, but there are other reputable brands that offer suitable amplifiers as well. Some popular options include Rockford Fosgate, Alpine, JL Audio, and Pioneer. It is essential to choose an amplifier from a reputable brand known for producing quality audio equipment.
Can I use a mono amplifier for my MTX Terminator subs?
Yes, a mono amplifier is suitable for powering MTX Terminator subs. Mono amplifiers are commonly used for subwoofers because they provide a single channel of power, delivering a strong and focused signal to the subs.
Should I consult an audio professional when selecting an amplifier?
If you are unsure about selecting the right amplifier for your MTX Terminator subs, it can be helpful to consult with an audio professional. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific setup and requirements, ensuring you choose the best amplifier for your needs.
Can I bridge the amplifier to power multiple MTX Terminator subs?
Yes, some amplifiers allow bridging, which combines the power from multiple channels to drive a single subwoofer or a set of subs. If you plan to bridge the amplifier, ensure that it is capable of handling the total impedance and power requirements of the subs while operating in bridged mode.
Remember, it is crucial to select an amplifier that matches the power and impedance specifications of your MTX Terminator subs for optimal performance, sound quality, and to protect your audio equipment.
We’ve already compiled a list of amps so that you can find out which one is right for your budget and needs! The only way to really get an idea of how these models compare with each other is by reading our post! We hope this blog post has helped you find the best amp for mtx terminator subs.