If you are looking for an inexpensive trail camera for outdoor activities like scouting, hunting, and monitoring, etc then you can find a number of them in the market. There is a number of things to consider when looking to buy a cheap yet effective trail camera. An ideal trail camera should be easy to use. Do consider the screen resolution, waterproof level, and battery life as well.
It can get confusing with so many options, our reviews of the best trail camera under 50 show you everything & Also we’ve included a buyer’s guide to help you better understand these devices. So let’s check our list of the top 12 best cheap trail cameras to help you make the right choice quickly.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Best Cheap Trail Camera Under $50 Reviews
- 1.1 #1. Vikeri Trail Camera 1080P 16MP Super Infrared Night Vision
- 1.2 Key Features
- 1.3 #2. TOGUARD 16MP Full HD 1080P Trail Camera Under 50 Dollars
- 1.4 Key Features
- 1.5 #3. OUDMON Trail Game Camera 2.4 inches LCD
- 1.6 Key Features
- 1.7 #4. WOSPORTS Portable Mini Trail Camera Under $50
- 1.8 Key Features
- 1.9 #5. Victure Trail Game Camera 16MP Advanced Night Vision
- 1.10 Key Features
- 1.11 #6. AKASO Trail Game Camera 1080P 120 degree Wide View
- 1.12 Key Features
- 1.13 #7. Campark 16MP – 1080P full HD Game Camera Under $50
- 1.14 Key Features
- 1.15 #8. Meidase Pro Cheap Trail Camera 120-degree detection angle
- 1.16 Key Features
- 1.17 #9. Stealth Cam Trail Game Camera Under 50 Dollars
- 1.18 Key Features
- 1.19 #10. Bushnell Trophy Trail Camera 12MP and HD 720P
- 1.20 Key Features
- 1.21 #11. Tovendor Cheap Trail Camera 2.4inch LCD color monitor
- 1.22 Key Features
- 1.23 #12. Campark 1080P Video Trail Camera Under $50
- 1.24 Key Features
- 2 Buying Guide: Cheap Trail Camera Under $50
- 3 [FAQs] Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
The Best Cheap Trail Camera Under $50 Reviews
#1. Vikeri Trail Camera 1080P 16MP Super Infrared Night Vision
This Vikeri trail camera can capture clearly audible videos and vibrant images and allows you to watch wildlife closely on its LCD color screen. It has been made durable by using heavy-duty and waterproof materials. It can capture images at night from a distance up to 25 meters with its high-speed lens without being detected by animals.
- 1080P Video and 16 Megapixel Image
- 0.2s Trigger Time, 3 Continuous Shots
- 2.4″ Color Huge LCD Screen
- Easy Intuitive Setup and Use
- Ultra-High Concealment and 180days Standby Time
- Advanced Super Infrared Night Vision
#2. TOGUARD 16MP Full HD 1080P Trail Camera Under 50 Dollars
This Toguard trail camera can capture HD quality clear and crisp images and videos at any time. It can detect the movement of animals and capture them during the day as well as at night. It can capture the images of the movement of animals fast and accurately for up to 8 months. It can detect the movement of animals up to 120 degrees to get excellent images even at night. It is made of waterproof and dustproof materials to use in any weather condition.
- Full HD 1080P Video & 16MP Image to capture crystal clear images and videos
- 0.5S Fast Trigger Speed to capture exciting moments even at night
- 75FT/22M Super Night Vision to capture images at night without a flash
- Hunting and wildlife monitoring
- Home and farm security
#3. OUDMON Trail Game Camera 2.4 inches LCD
This Oudmon trail camera can be used to shoot HD quality crisp images and audible videos and can be viewed with realistic details on its LCD screen. It can record and shoot images quietly even in the dark without disturbing animals. It senses humans, as well as animals, from up to 90 feet for taking images or shooting videos.
- Record Video with Sound to know the behavior of animals
- Easy to Hide When Used Outdoors to shoot without being noticed
- No False Triggers to detect movement at a distance
- Easy to Install and Use
- 2.4inches LCD to view videos without PC
- Power Supply through 8 lithium AA or alkaline AA batteries
#4. WOSPORTS Portable Mini Trail Camera Under $50
The sensor in this wosports trail camera allows you to detect and capture the movement of wildlife. It can detect animals from a distance of up to 65 feet in any background. Its smaller size allows you to carry it anywhere for any purpose including monitoring and hunting etc. It can be operated easily for any type of outdoor activities including the security of property as well as monitoring wildlife.
- High Resolution to capture vibrant videos and images anytime
- Mini and Portable to carry anywhere easily
- Super Night Vision to capture images of animals at night without scaring them
- Courtyard and farm monitoring
- Wildlife monitoring and hunting
- Observation of the plant’s growth
- Home and garage security
#5. Victure Trail Game Camera 16MP Advanced Night Vision
This Victure trail camera allows you to shoot videos and capture images during the day as well as at night with the help of sensors provided in it. It can take three shots continuously to capture the movements of the animals. It includes the theology of infrared low-glow to capture high-quality images at night in black and white without alerting animals. Its LCD screen allows you to watch the images and videos shot by you without using a PC.
- Outstanding Photo Resolution to capture crisp images anytime
- Advanced Night Vision to capture an image of animals at night without disturbing them
- Ultra-High Concealment to work without being noticed
- Huge LCD Screen for watching images completely
- Excellent Video Resolution to capture crystal clear pictures
- Clear Recording Function for recording surrounding sounds clearly
#6. AKASO Trail Game Camera 1080P 120 degree Wide View
This Akaso camera can provide you clear, crisp, and detailed images and videos during the day as well as at night. It captures images of the movement of animals from a distance of up to 20 meters. It can be used to record smooth videos and steady images of animals without entering into their range of detecting humans.
- 0.4S Fast speed of the trigger to catch every action
- Clearer View to capture pictures with sharp details
- 120 degree Wide View to capture picture f wider field
- Super Night Vision to capture pictures of wildlife even at night
- Home Security to detect all activities
- Farm Monitoring to prevent the entry of stray animals or strangers
#7. Campark 16MP – 1080P full HD Game Camera Under $50
It is great for wildlife and farm monitoring, hunting, and home security. The trail camera takes crystal clear pictures with 16MP and offers 1080P full HD videos. With 3 passive infrared sensors, it will capture amazing sights with lower power consumption. You are also getting 42pcs infrared LEDs (upgraded) which makes it perfect for night-time as well. With 3 high-sensitive sensors, the camera will trigger immediately in 0.3s. As soon as an animal enters the detecting range, the camera will do its work.
- 850nm infrared technology helps to get super clear night vision feature.
- The trigger distance is up to 65ft or 20m.
- It happens to be waterproof as well.
- It is easy to mount and operate.
- The camera is equipped with 120-degree detecting range recording animal movements with wide angle lens.
#8. Meidase Pro Cheap Trail Camera 120-degree detection angle
It is perfect for various activities like security surveillance, scouting, and deer hunting. The unique image sensor along with smart infrared illumination technology can take a clear picture even at night time. You are also able to record videos at 1080p HD with 30fps. It has keypads making it a UI user-friendly design that allows easy programming and operation. It will be triggered in just 0.2s once an animal comes into the detecting range which is around 82ft.
- It comes with a high-sensitive microphone that can record clear sound.
- Enjoy direct playback videos and photos on 2.4inch LCD colored screen.
- It provides 120-degree detection angle.
- It comes with a 16MP camera that takes clear pictures.
- This easy to use trail camera is IP66 waterproof.
#9. Stealth Cam Trail Game Camera Under 50 Dollars
The optical sensor size happens to be 12MP while the video capture resolution is 480p making it perfect for hunting and scouting. It comes with a rapid-fire burst mode that can take around 9 pictures after it has been triggered. The reflex trigger is around 0.5s which is quite impressive. You are also getting retina low-light sensitivity and new intuitive backlit menu programming. One of the best cheap trail cameras that comes with multi-zone detection.
- It comes with a 100-foot visibility range even in dark.
- It has 42 no glow black IR emitters making it perfect for night time.
- The display size is around 1-inch.
- It comes with manual shot capability along with a secure lock password protection.
- Enjoy superior low-light performance.
#10. Bushnell Trophy Trail Camera 12MP and HD 720P
Enjoy all-season scouting with one-year battery life. It comes with a field scan 2x, this time-lapse technology takes images automatically at preset intervals of 1min to 1hour that too within the hours of your choice. As two-time slots are available, you are able to monitor both dawn and dusk movement. The unique thing about this good cheap trail camera is its simultaneous live trigger that will still take photos of anything that walks into the detection range.
- It comes with hyper night vision that can take sharpest after-dark photos.
- Images with be automatically stamped with date/day, temp and even moon phase that was at the time of capture.
- It comes with 0.3s trigger speed and can take 1-3 photos each trigger.
- Enjoy photos taken with 12MP and HD 720P videos with audio.
- It has night/day auto sensor that comes with an adjustable PIR.
#11. Tovendor Cheap Trail Camera 2.4inch LCD color monitor
They are great as both outdoor and indoor trail camera and can be used for farm monitoring, home security, and wildlife hunting. With this one, you are getting 16MP full-color high-quality image along with full HD 1080P videos with good sound recording features. It has 26pcs of low glow infrared LEDs (850nm). Along with 3 passive infrared sensors, you are also getting a large 120-degree detection angle which increases its sensitivity.
- It comes with a 2.4inch LCD color monitor.
- The trigger speed is around 0.2s which is quite impressive.
- The trigger range is around 65ft or 20m.
- It has a IP66 water resistant high-quality tailor-made housing that protects the camera from sand, dirt, dust and moisture.
- The battery is quite long lasting.
#12. Campark 1080P Video Trail Camera Under $50
It is made for garden observation, home security, wildlife monitoring, and hunting. You are getting 16MP resolution and 1080P video recording capability with this one. It is perfect for both day and night time image capturing. The trigger speed is 0.5s and it is equipped with 850nm infrared LEDs and a 120-degree wide-angle. The trigger range is around 20m or 65ft which is also impressive. The protective case is IP56 waterproof that can withstand dust and rain easily.
- It comes with auto-focus.
- The LCD color monitor is 2inch.
- It is 70x105x40mm in dimension making it portable and thinner than other trail cameras in this list of cheap trail cameras review.
- It is IP56 waterproof making it perfect for all weather types.
- The threaded tripod and mounting belt make mounting the camera easy.
Buying Guide: Cheap Trail Camera Under $50
While buying the best trail camera under 50 dollars you should consider a few things like:
- Waterproof Level: If you want to use your trail camera outdoors then it must be fully waterproof so that you can use it in any season without damaging it. As they are generally used for different outdoor activities, It needs to be P65 to IP66 waterproof to ensure long-term and excellent service.
- Resolution: You should check the resolution of your trail camera if you want to capture high-quality videos and images through it. The resolution of your camera must be enough to allow you to capture crystal clear and smooth images. For the clearest outcome consider buying cameras that offer 10-16MP and 720-1080P HD video quality.
- Night Vision and Sensitivity: The sensors of your trial camera should allow you to sense the movement of animals from a reasonable distance even at night. Its night vision feature should be able to capture images in low light or dark conditions. Do check the sensitivity of the camera when buying it. It needs to have a high trigger level (0.2 to 0.5s) as only then you can get better and improved connectivity. Check out the night vision capability of the camera to ensure it can provide a non-grainy result. Besides, you also need to consider the ease of use, built, and versatility of the trail camera as well.
- Other features: It should be easy to use, built strong, and versatile.
[FAQs] Frequently Asked Questions
How Long do trail cameras last?
A trail camera can last up to 8-10 months depending upon the life of its batteries. You can extend the life of your trial camera by you can use wireless technology and high-quality lithium batteries and avoid using its video mode frequently. So, by changing the set of batteries of your camera you can easily use it for at least ten months.
Do Trail Cameras Flash at Night?
No glow Trail cameras are known for not producing any visible light when taking photos at night time. However, they traditionally do not take as good of pictures during night time. For this reason, most people opt for low glow trail cameras that come with infrared flash cameras. This type of camera traditionally produces a visible red glow that comes from the infrared emitters taking the photo at night.
What should I look for when buying a trail camera?
These are some of the major factors and features that you need to look out for when choosing a trail camera like: Waterproof Level, Resolution, Night vision, Sensitivity, etc.
We hope you found value in our reviews for the best trail camera under $50 and make a great decision to buy it. To use this camera for outdoor activities you should focus on the materials used in it and the level of its waterproof so that you can use it in any season.
Hopefully, our buying guide has been able to help you out a bit. It is highly recommended that you research well about them, and you will surely be able to select the perfect one for you and your needs.
We wish you the best of luck in your new purchase.