Babies spend the majority of their time sleeping, so it’s important to get them a comfortable crib mattress. The stress of introducing new, unknown products to your baby can be stressful on a parent, making it hard to know where to begin the search.
Finding the best budget crib mattress is not an easy thing. It’s natural to want to get the best mattress for your baby, but sometimes those top-of-the-line products simply aren’t in the budget. Well, have no fear. Here is a list of the top 11 best crib mattresses under $100.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Budget Crib Mattress Under $100 Reviews
- 1.1 #1. Graco Premium Foam Washable Crib Mattress
- 1.2 Key Features
- 1.3 #2. Safety First Heavenly Dreams Crib Mattress Under 100 Dollars
- 1.4 Key Features
- 1.5 #3. Milliard Budget Crib Mattress with Flip Technology
- 1.6 Key Features
- 1.7 #4. LA Baby Lightweight Waterproof Crib Mattress
- 1.8 Key Features
- 1.9 #5. Kolcraft Pure Sleep Crib Mattress Under $100
- 1.10 Key Features
- 1.11 #6. Dual Comfort NapYou Affordable Crib Mattress
- 1.12 Key Features
- 1.13 #7. Graco Premium Foam Toddler Crib Mattress Under 100
- 1.14 Key Features
- 1.15 #8. Foam Pack 3″and Play Mattress by Dream on Me
- 1.16 Key Features
- 1.17 #9. Baby Soybean Foam Crib Mattress by Sealy
- 1.18 Key Features
- 1.19 #10. Combination Toddler Bed Mattresses by My First Crib Mattress
- 1.20 Key Features
- 1.21 #11. Dual Firmness Colgate Crib Mattress Long-lasting
- 1.22 Key Features
- 2 Buying Guide: Top Rated Crib Mattresses Under $100
- 220.127.116.11.1 Always buy new: While buying a good crib mattress you should avoid buying old ones as their foam can be worn out and they may have harmful bacteria.
- 18.104.22.168.2 Size: You should check the size of the crib mattress. A mattress of standard size will fit snugly and perfectly in your crib and keep you, baby, comfortable, and safe.
- 22.214.171.124.3 Weight: The weight of a crib mattress made of foam should not be more than 7-8 pounds. But mattresses with innerspring or made of polyurethane foam can weigh 15 -25 pounds.
- 126.96.36.199.4 Covers: covers of the crib mattresses should be made of eco-friendly cotton or waterproof, removable, washable cover and breathable materials to protect the mattress from spills and accidents.
- 188.8.131.52.5 Vent: The cover of the crib mattresses should have vents to make it breathable for the baby while rolling on it by improving the flow of air.
- 3 (FAQs) Frequently Asked Questions
- 3.1 What Size is a Crib Mattress and All are the Same?
- 3.2 Is this crib mattress certified by Greenguard?
- 3.3 How much does a good crib mattress cost?
- 3.4 How long does crib mattress last?
- 3.5 Is this crib mattress soft?
- 3.6 Does this crib mattress retain any heat?
- 3.7 Is it safe to reuse a crib mattress?
- 3.8 Does this crib mattress correctly fit the Graco Pack and Play while traveling to the playard?
- 3.9 Will a breathable mattress help avoid SIDS?
- 3.10 Can you feel or hear the waterproof material under the cotton cover?
- 3.11 Is Polyethylene foam safe for Babies?
- 4 Conclusion
Best Budget Crib Mattress Under $100 Reviews
#1. Graco Premium Foam Washable Crib Mattress
Graco premium is one of the best crib mattress under $100. This product sets the standard for baby’s nighttime comfort. This foam mattress is shipped, rolled up, in a box for easy transport, and is ready to go as soon as you open it up. The mattress itself is equipped with a removable, outer cover that can be taken off and washed with the rest of your laundry in the washing machine. Just make sure you don’t put the cover in the dryer so you don’t risk damaging it.
- Water resistant cover is removable and machine washable
- Foam core maximizes air flow to keep baby cool at night
- Completely free of lead, mercury and other harmful chemicals
- Environmentally friendly
- Also fits toddler beds, so baby can continue to use it as they age
#2. Safety First Heavenly Dreams Crib Mattress Under 100 Dollars
The first product on our list checks all the boxes when it comes to baby’s comfort and safety. It’s in the name, after all! This crib mattress is both lightweight and durable, to ensure adequate, long-term support for your little one. It’s also completely waterproof, so there’s no need to worry if your baby has a diaper leak in the middle of the night.
- Waterproof outer cover is 100% Vinyl
- Greenguard Gold certification for being environmentally friendly
- Available in 2 colors: light blue and white
- High density, thermo bonded fiber core
- Durable and long-lasting
#3. Milliard Budget Crib Mattress with Flip Technology
Milliard is the best budget crib mattress. The crib mattress is unique in the fact that your baby can continue to use it throughout their early childhood. One side of the mattress features firm foam to help support your baby’s slumber during early infancy. As they age, simply flip the mattress over to use the softer, memory foam layer on the other side.
- Waterproof cover is removable and machine washable
- Meets and exceeds all U.S. safety standards for infant mattresses
- CertiPur certified foam
- Features 2 different sides of varying firmness, one for babies and one for toddlers
- Fits all standard baby cribs and toddler beds
This waterproof crib mattress is perfect for a family that’s always on the move. It’s lightweight, portable design provides both comfort and convenience for your baby. The LA Baby Crib Mattress also boasts a waterproof outer layer that can easily be wiped down in case of accidents or spills. The product is also completely hypoallergenic so it won’t irritate any of your baby’s sensitive allergies.
- Dust mite proof
- Tear resistant, triple-laminated, waterproof outer cover
- Only 4 pounds in weight
#5. Kolcraft Pure Sleep Crib Mattress Under $100
Last up on our list is the Kolcraft Pure Sleep Crib Mattress. This product is definitely one of the higher-quality options available, without exceeding $100 price-wise. Much like the other products on our list, this mattress boasts a waterproof cover for easy cleanup.
It also takes it one step further with waterproof lock-stitched binding that helps prevent stains and spills from permeating into the mattress itself. Lastly, this mattress features steel gauge coils to support your baby, as opposed to foam that deteriorates and loses its firmness over time.
- Waterproof cover and lock-stitching built to resist mold and mildew
- Natural airflow pockets ventilate the mattress and keep baby cool
- Steel gauge coils as opposed to memory foam for increased longevity
- Made in the United States
- Fits both standard baby cribs and toddler beds
#6. Dual Comfort NapYou Affordable Crib Mattress
NapYou is the best affordable crib mattress. This crib mattress offers a softer side for toddlers and a firmer side for infants. It allows your kid to sleep safely on its supportive layer of memory foam. It will keep your toddler in the right posture. Its removable cover is completely waterproof, breathable, and washable. It is certified by CertiPUR-US foam to provide a safe and comfortable environment to your baby while sleeping
- Safe and supportive
- Dual comfort
- Fit to standard cribs
- Waterproof cover
- Certified by CertiPUR-US FOAM
#7. Graco Premium Foam Toddler Crib Mattress Under 100
This Graco cheap crib mattress has been packaged in a box for easy transportation. Within 2 weeks it will perform optimally. Its removable zipped cover is washable, breathable, and waterproof. The firmness of this mattress is as per recommendations for the safety of the infants. It has been certified by Greenguard Gold after testing rigorously.
- Mattress in a box for convenient handling
- Removable and washable covers
- Recommended firmness
- Certified by GreenGuard
- Standard size crib mattress
#8. Foam Pack 3″and Play Mattress by Dream on Me
The safety of your baby has been ensured by this crib mattress as it has been certified by Greenguard Gold. The size of this 3″ thick foam mattress is suitable for every crib of standard size. Your child will get perfect comfort and support in this Playard mattress. The cover of this mattress is made of waterproof, antibacterial, and reinforced materials to prevent odors and mold growth as well as resist stains and spills.
- Certified by Greenguard Gold
- Suitable for most play yards
- Balanced support and comfort
- Healthy environment
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
#9. Baby Soybean Foam Crib Mattress by Sealy
This is a lightweight and durable mattress with soybean foam for the right comfort and firmness. CertiPur-US Certified and GREENGUARD Gold have certified the safety of the foam used in it.
Its cover is made of stain and water-resistant reinforced materials. This made in USA mattress is backed with a lifetime warranty.
- The core of high-density soybean foam
- Made in USA CertiPur-US Certified foam
- GREENGUARD Gold certified mattress
- Stain and water-resistant cover
- Lifetime warranty
#10. Combination Toddler Bed Mattresses by My First Crib Mattress
This premium quality crib mattress is made to keep both, toddler and baby comfortable. Its safety has been certified by CertiPUR-US as it meets the standards of flammability and CPSC.
Its waterproof cover is removable and washable. This mattress is made of anti-allergic materials for cribs of standard size.
- CertiPUR-US certified
- Meets standards of CPSC
- Washable and waterproof cover
- Standard size
- Free from any kind of allergy
#11. Dual Firmness Colgate Crib Mattress Long-lasting
This is the best colgate crib mattress and the firmness of this mattress is designed suitable for toddlers and infants. Its cover is made of waterproof and extremely soft cotton to keep your baby always dry. CertiPUR-US and GREENGUARD Gold have certified the environmental safety of this mattress.
It is made additionally durable with inverted seams. This made in the USA mattress for babies is made in the standard size.
- Firmness suitable for toddlers and infants
- Waterproof and extremely soft cover
- Certified safe mattress
- Made in the USA
Buying Guide: Top Rated Crib Mattresses Under $100
Always buy new: While buying a good crib mattress you should avoid buying old ones as their foam can be worn out and they may have harmful bacteria.
Size: You should check the size of the crib mattress. A mattress of standard size will fit snugly and perfectly in your crib and keep you, baby, comfortable, and safe.
Weight: The weight of a crib mattress made of foam should not be more than 7-8 pounds. But mattresses with innerspring or made of polyurethane foam can weigh 15 -25 pounds.
Covers: covers of the crib mattresses should be made of eco-friendly cotton or waterproof, removable, washable cover and breathable materials to protect the mattress from spills and accidents.
Vent: The cover of the crib mattresses should have vents to make it breathable for the baby while rolling on it by improving the flow of air.
Avoid buying old mattresses: You should always buy a new mattress for the baby instead of an old one as a used mattress can have harmful bacteria and mold in it.
Do not focus on warranty: Long warranties can increase the cost of the affordable mattress for babies.
(FAQs) Frequently Asked Questions
What Size is a Crib Mattress and All are the Same?
No, all crib mattresses are not available in the same size. Like babies, the size of the crib mattress will vary. However, all of them might appear the same due to baby-friendly designs. In the current condition, you will find different types of cribs. Some popular styles are traditional, convertible, modern, and designer.
A crib mattress can fit in all cribs regardless of the design. You will have to measure the width and length of your crib to find out the best fit. Most crib mattresses measure between 27 and 28 inches in width and 51 to 53 inches in length. When it comes to the thickness, it will range from four to six inches.
Is this crib mattress certified by Greenguard?
I do not think so. You will have to ask the manufacturer in this regard.
How much does a good crib mattress cost?
Good crib mattress price range from $100-$300. You can come across a wide variety of mattresses for babies in the market but to buy the best one you will have to be a bit more careful. According to experts, sound sleep is very essential for babies. Some of the affordable crib mattresses are reviewed in this article to help you choose the best crib mattress for your baby.
How long does crib mattress last?
A crib mattress can last up to one decade with proper maintenance. However, the quality and design are determining factors. You cannot expect a durable result with regular care when the quality is poor. If you want to boost the longevity of the crib mattress, you will have to consider a few factors.
You can buy a waterproof and quality mattress to last long. The weight of your baby is another consideration. In brief, an average crib mattress can last three to five years. Poorly made crib mattresses will last less than quality built ones.
Is this crib mattress soft?
No. It is not soft but a mattress with the right firmness for the baby.
Does this crib mattress retain any heat?
No, the cover on this mattress will keep it cooler than other crib mattresses.
Is it safe to reuse a crib mattress?
No, it is not safe to reuse a crib mattress. You should avoid reusing a crib mattress if your budget supports it. It is not about the freshness and new look only. Used mattresses will cause sanitary and safety issues. Also, the fit might be improper. A crib mattress should be firm enough to support your baby’s posture.
You might not get the best result with a used crib mattress. Without proper support, your little one might experience some posture issues. Also, it will increase SIDS risk. According to a study published in British Medical Journal, used mattresses increase the risk of SIDS up to three times.
Does this crib mattress correctly fit the Graco Pack and Play while traveling to the playard?
Yes, it will perfectly fit, and being the original mattress it will be more comfortable for your kid.
Will a breathable mattress help avoid SIDS?
Some mattress manufacturers claim that breathable mattresses can minimize the risk of SIDS. However, these claims are not supported by evidence. You should not believe those claims. As stated by FDA, if manufacturers claim that their mattresses reduce the risk of SIDS, they should show the evidence.
The FDA has not approved any crib mattress that can prevent SIDS death. Even if some manufacturers claim that their crib mattresses can protect your baby from SIDS, you will have to follow all the safety measures to prevent such an unfortunate situation. Crib mattresses cannot help much.
Can you feel or hear the waterproof material under the cotton cover?
No. You can neither feel nor hear any waterproof material under the cotton cover.
Is Polyethylene foam safe for Babies?
No, polyurethane foam is not safe for babies. However, this material is used widely for crib mattresses. As stated in Environmental Science & Technology study report, polyethylene is not the best material for babies to sleep on. Polyethylene foam has many chemicals.
These chemicals can impact the lung, heart, throat, and digestive systems of your baby. In addition to these, this material can slow down the physical and mental growth of your baby. Also, polyurethane breaks down fast. It will cause dust, and that might lead to respiratory issues.
You can find various types of crib mattresses in the market but getting the best one within your budget may not be easier for you unless you know about them in advance. After going through the information provided in this article you can easily buy the best crib mattress under $100 for your baby.