If you ride your motorcycle regularly then two things are most important for you to buy, a lightweight motorcycle jacket and a helmet. The helmet will protect your head in case of any mishap but a jacket for a motorcycle can protect the ride from natural elements like strong winds and rain etc.
As a motorcyclist enthusiast, you have the responsibility to protect your life. Motorcycle riding poses a potential danger to your life or that of other road users. There is always a possibility to get involved in a crush no matter how keen you are on the road – this happens against our will and that’s why we are strongly advised to protect ourselves by wearing the right motorcycle riding gear.
Among the most important motorcycle riding gear that you should be wearing whenever going out is a good motorcycle jacket. If you have not yet purchased yours, then you are doing a grave mistake. A good lightweight motorcycle jacket will help you in several ways. For instance;
- Protect you from getting injured in case of a crush – Most of these jacket features soft safety pads on the elbow and spine.
- They protect you from cold, especially when riding through wet areas or in rain.
- They make you look professional – people will be able to distinguish you from other reckless motorcycle riders.
With that said you would supposedly want to purchase the best lightweight jacket for motorcycle riding but have no idea on what suits you, buying the good motorcycle jackets may not be easy for you as you can find a wide variety of motorcycle jackets in the market. If this is your case, keep reading this post as we explore the top rated lightweight motorcycle jackets in 2021.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 11 Best Lightweight Motorcycle Jacket Reviews
- 1.1 1. Joe Rocket Classic Leather Motorcycle Jacket For Men
- 1.2 2. Alpinestars T-GP Plus R V2 Air Casual Motorcycle Jacket
- 1.3 3. Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 Mesh Motorcycle Jacket
- 1.4 4. Alpinestars Bionic Action Safest Motorcycle Jacket
- 1.5 5. Alpinestars T-Jaws Lightweight Motorcycle Jacket
- 1.6 6. Blingsoul Lambskin Leather Jacket for Men
- 1.7 7. Viking Cycle Slim Fit Casual Motorcycle Jacket
- 1.8 8. Men’s Mesh Lightweight Motorcycle Jacket (1516-4204)
- 1.9 9. Joe Rocket Soft Shell Motorcycle Jacket
- 1.10 10. Men’s Genuine Leather White Motorcycle Jacket
- 1.11 11. Blingsoul Distressed Lightweight Leather Motorcycle Jacket
- 1.12 Can you wear a motorcycle jacket casually?
- 2 Buying Guide: Lightweight Motorcycle Jacket
- 3 Final Thought
Top 11 Best Lightweight Motorcycle Jacket Reviews
1. Joe Rocket Classic Leather Motorcycle Jacket For Men
You want to purchase a men’s lightweight motorcycle jacket that will not only protect you in case of crush but also make you look stylish. This is exactly what Joe Rocket Classic Leather Motorcycle jacket offers you. This jacket has been simply built with attention to detail.
- Enough storage space – comes fitted with metal zippered Napoleon pocket
- There is also a front zip that lets control temperature
- It’s waterproof hence good for all-weather riding
- It has an additional hidden zipper on inside that can store the most valuable items
- Attractive design
- High quality at affordable pricing
2. Alpinestars T-GP Plus R V2 Air Casual Motorcycle Jacket
If you need a lightweight casual motorcycle jacket that’ll make you feel comfortable and give you the confidence you’d need when riding in the summer, the Alpinestars Men Motorcycle Jacket could be all you need. It’s built with you in mind and – expect allegedly the best deals.
- Lightweight – You will even forget you were wearing the jacket
- Cheap – it’s affordable and won’t empty your pockets
- All-weather – can be used amid summer as well as winter
- Comfortable fit – as long as you choose the right size for you, the jacket will fit you just perfectly.
- Shoulder and Elbow CE accredited armor – For maximum protection in case of a crush.
3. Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 Mesh Motorcycle Jacket
If you are looking to stay cool amid riding sessions, this is probably the best lightweight mesh protective jacket that you’ll come across.
- Available in a variety of colors
- Fitted with soft protective pads on the spine and elbow
- Available in all the sizes
- Built with environmentally friendly material that’s extremely durable
- Zippered cargo pockets included
4. Alpinestars Bionic Action Safest Motorcycle Jacket
Built with high adjustability as well as maximum breathability, this protective jacket is allegedly the best choice for the money.
- Shoulder and Elbow protector included
- Made from strong and durable leather material
- Readily affordable
- Variety of styles, color, and designs
- Back and front protector featured
- Soft to touch
5. Alpinestars T-Jaws Lightweight Motorcycle Jacket
This is an aggressively designed textile lightweight summer motorcycle jacket that’s meant with the thought of street or sport riders who needs a more protected performance.
- No adjustable collar
- Comes with an added base layer for maximum protection
- Available in different sizes – you pick the one that fits you perfectly
- Comes with two back as well as chest protectors
- Water-resistant properties
- Feature safety pockets either side
- Quality products at extremely affordable prices
6. Blingsoul Lambskin Leather Jacket for Men
This motorcycle jacket made from real lambskin leather is made to suit all fashion styles. It is available in various sizes to choose from. It is made durable and tough with real leather used in it.
It will keep you comfortable in every season. You can wear it throughout the year as it is suitable for every fashion and season.
- Made from real lambskin leather
- Stylish design
- Various sizes
- Suitable for all seasons
7. Viking Cycle Slim Fit Casual Motorcycle Jacket
This motorcycle jacket for men is genuinely made of cowhide leather, one of the best leather used in making jackets. The American eagle holding the shield of the USA allows you to wear it proudly with an American spirit.
It is made comfortable and functional by providing multiple pockets in it to keep your essentials in them. It is one of the most affordable motorcycle jackets with high-quality materials and workmanship.
- Made of cowhide leather
- American eagle on the back
- Multiple pockets
- Comfortable and functional
- Affordable price
8. Men’s Mesh Lightweight Motorcycle Jacket (1516-4204)
The shell torso, arms, and back of this motorcycle jacket are made of FreeAir mesh to keep you cool every time. It is insulated with a zip-out liner to make it waterproof in two stages.
Externally its elbows and shoulders are protected with CE approved armor. Its size can fit you with the help of a 6-point adjustment system provided in it. Its upper back, forearms, and ribs are reinforced with DYNAX to make it more durable.
- Mesh torso, arms, and back
- Insulted with zipped liners
- CE approved armor in elbows and shoulders
- 6-point adjustment system
- Reinforced upper back, forearms and ribs
9. Joe Rocket Soft Shell Motorcycle Jacket
The outer shell of this jacket for men is made soft by using wind and water-resistant textile fabric. Its level of comfort and mobility is incredible as it is made of flexible and breathable fabric.
Its interior is made warm by lining it with fleece. It includes a full-length zipper with flap and a high collar to protect you from high winds.
- Made of water and wind-proof textile
- The outer shell is made soft
- Comfortable and mobile
- Flexible and breathable fabric
- Interior lined with fleece
- Wind-blocking high collar
- Zipper with storm flap
10. Men’s Genuine Leather White Motorcycle Jacket
This white motorcycle jacket is made from genuine imported lambskin leather. Its interiors it lined with polyester to make it more comfortable.
Its collared neckline and asymmetrical front include original zipper closures from YKK. You can wear it in winters as well as summers with equal ease. You can also wear it on special occasions as well as in daily routine.
- Made of imported lambskin leather
- Polyester lining in the interior
- Original YKK Zipper closure
- Made comfortable for all seasons
- One of the best motorcycle jackets
11. Blingsoul Distressed Lightweight Leather Motorcycle Jacket
This lightweight jacket is made from real leather of high quality. Its interior is made comfortable with the lining of soft viscose. It has multiple pockets and zip as well as button closure on the front.
It has been designed to fit modern fashion in the US. This stylish jacket made of high-quality materials is available in various sizes to choose from. It is made durable and stylish to wear on every occasion.
- High-quality real leather
- Zip and button closure
- Modern style construction
- Durable and stylish
- Easy to wear on any occasion
Can you wear a motorcycle jacket casually?
Though your casual motorcycle jacket fits you well while riding your motorcycle but it may not be suitable for you to wear it casually when you are not riding your motorcycle.
In fact, when you wear the jacket while driving your motorcycle then it fits you like a glove but when you are not riding then you may like to be in a more comfortable setting. So, one cannot wear motorcycle jackets casually.
If you ride your motorcycle regularly then two things are most important for you to buy, a casual motorcycle jacket and a helmet. The helmet will protect your head in case of any mishap but a casual jacket for a motorcycle can protect the ride from natural elements like strong winds and rain etc.
Buying Guide: Lightweight Motorcycle Jacket
Now that you know why you must purchase the best lightweight motorcycle jacket, it’s good you learn how to go about the purchasing process. A lot of things will be involved and it will be much possible to make mistakes if you do it uninformed.
Consider the size of a protective motorcycle Jacket you need
The first thing you should think about when you go to purchase a motorcycle jacket is the size. You don’t want to purchase something that will make you look oversized. Likewise, you don’t want the purchase to a smaller size than you can wear
Consider the cost of the lightweight protective motorcycle jacket in question
You must think about the price even before deciding on whether to purchase or not. There is no point in incurring bad debts simply to afford a motorcycle jacket. Only go for what you can comfortably afford to bear.
Consider your color Choice
Different individuals have different desires. What appeals to your eyes may not do so to your friends or relatives. You want to pick a color that blends well with your motorcycle and this is what you should strive for.
Think About the Quality
You want to make a purchase that’s worth the money. You should, therefore, think about the quality of whatever you are purchase. Touch it and feel the material textures as well as thickness.
Think About the Style You Need
Various companies are making lightweight motorcycle protective jackets, however, the final product differ in terms of style and designs. You will thus find a variety of styles and designs to choose when buying biker jackets. Simply pick what looks appealing to your eyes and neglect the rest.
Chances are such that you have friends who are already riding motorcycles while property wearing their jackets. Why don’t you reach out to them and seek help? That way you will make the otherwise complicated procedure a straightforward one.
Motorcycle jackets are made from various types of materials including. Different types of leather are used to make motorcycle jackets. Normally jackets made of genuine leather are more durable and easily maintainable.
Textile/Hybrid: Mostly nylon blended with other materials is used to make the jacket more breathable, insulated, and waterproof. Textile materials and leather are blended together to balance all the negativities of both the materials.
The motorcycle jacket you buy should be able to ensure your safety as accidents and collisions are very common with motorcycle riders. The comfort level of your jacket can depend on various factors like:
Weight/Fit: It should be a lightweight jacket. Textile jackets are lighter than leather jackets. It should neither be too loose nor too tight, it should be comfortably fit.
There can be several other features in a motorcycle jacket which you should focus on while buying it like removable thermal lining, zippers, pockets, color and mesh membrane for ventilation, etc.
A lightweight protective motorcycle jacket is a must-have for a responsible rider. You don’t have to put your life at risk – you are very precious and someone needs and depends solely on you. Safe and protect your life with the best lightweight motorcycle jacket review in this post.
Use the guide we’ve just discussed when making your choices. You should compare the features of different jackets to find the best one for you.